Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday


Sorry for not posting yesterday. Tug had a rough day. I dropped him off yesterday morning for sedation and x-rays and picked him up after work. The good news is that that hips are good shape. The not so good news is that he probably ruptured a ligament in his knee. Yesterday evening when I got him home he was obviously in a lot of pain, he was whimpering all evening, he didn't want to be touched but he didn't want to be alone, he was fighting falling asleep, etc. It took all my time to help get him settled. Today he is much, much better. So he continues on the pain/inflammation pills and very light exercise. We won't be doing surgery.

I'm keeping busy at work as always. I'll be working on Saturdays to get some extra overtime. I'll be starting soon the new (in the UK) Susanna Gregory, from the Thomas Chaloner series, THE BODY IN THE THAMES, set during Restoration England. I'm finishing a historical romantic suspense. Steve has a board meeting tonight. I hope to read a bit.

On Sunday, I watched the final episode of Downton Abbey. It is good to know that they're in production for a second session because the ending doesn't conclude very much of the stories' threads.
The difficult part will be the waiting.

I'm watching the news of happenings in the Middle East. I plan to do a bit more studying on the subject in the next couple days.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: