Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day Two, Two Dogs - Happy Mother's Day


Hey, Coda finally went down the stairs inside! The washer got off balance this morning and started banging so we all (Coda, Ryker and I) charged downstairs. Coda's been down twice more since then. Yay!

The dogs had a good night. They slept mostly in the living room I think. They got up about 6-ish and have been playing and napping all morning. They play together well. Oh what a relief. I think it's going to work. Ryker is such a sweet dog. In the photo we saw on the shelter's website, he looked kind of fierce, being a Shepherd/Akita. Oh so sweet in person. We really lucked out: both dogs have such wonderful personalities. Steve took Ryker for a walk yesterday -- and it rained -- and to me, as they left, he looked to have the same go-go tendencies that Tug had.

I'm currently downstairs about to work on my newsletter and Steve is upstairs with them. Steve is going shooting this afternoon and I was thinking of maybe putting them outside with the door closed while I worked a bit to see how they do "alone" and begin the weaning process of being alone all day while we're at work. My next concern is food. I had bought a medium-sized bag on Friday before getting Coda, thinking we're only having the one dog and a puppy (under one year) at that. One step at a time.


So today I'm doing laundry and working on the newsletter. It's a cool and dark day, threatening rain. I've been up since 6am with the dogs so maybe a nap will be in future. In order to get the boys used to us and the house and settling in, I've been reading in the living room the past couple evenings. PROPHECY by SJ Parris is very good. Tonight, though, we have TV to watch but with Coda now able to come downstairs maybe it will be okay.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: