Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wha..what? That's why we won't be getting a cat.



So. I turned in notice today at Unemployment Insurance and have accepted a job with Rocky Mountain Health Network. In terms of timing, our trip to Puerto Rico in a couple weeks wreaks a little havoc on the start date. It looks like I'll work until the end of the month and start the new one on June 6th. The job pays about the same -- a little more -- and is permanent but nothing is permanent but better than the temp one I'm in now.






It's funny. In my 20s and 30s I really enjoyed starting new jobs. I liked the challenge and the adrenaline rush. I don't enjoy it so much anymore. But I have to accept that that is what my personality was; it can't be changed; but it would be helpful to know what it is I'm supposed to be doing. But the way the economy is and the lack of job openings/opportunities, one must take what is offered.






I've got a lot to do this evening: pay some bills, send the newsletter to printers, get some paperbackswap books ready to go. After work I stopped to get groceries. What I'd like to do is soak in the shower and then read for a bit.






Much love,



PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: