Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday



So much to do in not a lot of time. This weekend I have a lot to accomplish. More on that in a bit.



Last night after work we had a drinks/appetizers get together with my buddy Tami in a sort of bachelorette party kind of thing although her fiance was there too and couple other men. It was just a nice get together. I didn't get home until 7:30 and Steve forgot about my deal so he didn't get home until shortly before me he says. The dogs were fine and no great escapes apparently.



Tami's fiance, John, works at MSU-B who was having their bi-annual garage sale on Thursday and Friday. Somehow Tami heard of a wooden bookcase for sale -- knowing I'm always on the lookout -- and told John to hold it for me. They are both sweethearts. So for $5, I've a new bookcase for which I need to find a new place. It is much needed because yes, I have five already, but I'm overflowing again. Well, it's more like a tsunami.

This weekend I need to really work on my newsletter though I have to accept the fact it will be late getting out. I'm not taking a laptop with me on the trip and the programs I need aren't on it anyway. I need to prep the clothes I'll be taking, figure out what will work, shoes, etc. I've got another Tami event this afternoon -- her wedding is Memorial Day weekend. I'll be looking into securing the yard a little better for when we're gone. I have to do the usual laundry and vacuuming with a little extra dose of cleaning because my brother is staying to look after the boys.



Steve's birthday is Monday and I have absolutely nothing to get a present with due to the unexpected expenses because of getting the dogs. Grrr. I mean I'm very happy with the boys but I hate that I have to delay a b-day present.



I was hoping to not take books on the trip, only the Kindle, but I now have one and half library books to complete within 14 days. I'm about halfway through ONE WAS A SOLDIER and the new Nora Roberts stand alone, CHASING FIRE, came available to me.



There it is then. And it is a beautiful day and looking to be a good weekend. I am so hoping Steve will mow the lawn asap because with the recent rain, it is a jungle out there. :)




Have a lovely day.



Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: