Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Saw a gecko there; this represents. :)



Rain, rain rain. Flooding going on in the county. Not supposed to stop for another 24 hours.


So, in a nutshell. Puerto Rico. We arrived there at 12 midnight after first leaving an airport at 6am. We were tired. Our room was over the marina; the resort was a sprawling multi-level place on a hillside. We had to take a tram to get to down to our room. Wednesday was a free day for the most part and beautiful and sunny. The humidity was thick. We had an event that evening to kick off the convention. Thursday it rained and we had meetings all day. Friday we had a keynote speaker, Sean Tuoey, the dad of The Blind Side movie. Very good guy. We got a free signed copy of their book and a DVD of the movie. We were supposed to do our activity -- ATV through the rainforest -- but it was cancelled because of the rain. Saturday was all day meetings and rain. That evening was a dinner in the rainforest. We were bussed there; the food was so-so; people were bitten by fire ants. The entertainment was country singer Jo Dee Messina and when we got back to the rooms we had a signed CD of hers. Sunday, our shuttle was leaving at 9 so brunch was rushed. It wasn't raining but the humidity was horrible. We had brunch on an outside terrace and sweat was just dripping. We got home, the plane landed at 12:30am. Tired. I'll get the few pictures up in a day or so. I got bugged as to why we didn't have pictures. I took four. Rain in PR wasn't very inspiring for photos.



Work today was work. They told the temps (I've turned in notice so I'm not in that status really anymore) today that their last day is June 26. That would have been me if I didn't get the job I did. Phew. I came home for lunch to check on the boys. Coda had actually been in the igloo. Up until now they've been treating it like a torture chamber to be avoided at all costs. I left them inside when I went back to work because of all the rain. They had been sopping and I couldn't see the logic in letting them soak up four plus hours more of it. I crossed my fingers they wouldn't destroy anything. They didn't. Good boys.



Tonight, we're having soup and grilled cheese and see what's on tv. I need to figure out what I'm reading next. I finished CHASING FIRE by Nora Roberts. It ended rather abruptly, I thought. But overall not a bad stand alone. I had ordered a couple books from the UK earlier in the month but cancelled them. So I need to peruse the TBR stacks. It may be a Tremayne that's next. We'll see. Otherwise, going to bed early sounds lovely. Cuddling with Steve a little sounds lovely too.



Man, it is just raining without end. Good to sleep by, read a good book by, watch a good movie by, not to walk dogs in or be at work all day. :)



Have a lovely...



Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: