Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rain rain go away....



Well I tell ya... I debated about going home for lunch but decided I would. Good thing. The dogs were out. I don't know how. We're putting up the electrified wire this weekend. We just can't have them getting out anymore.



The other priority for Steve to do is mowing. It hasn't been done in over a week and it has rained. The grass is just too long.



Speaking of rain, we broke the all time record for our area in rain in one day: over three inches. Eight inches in this month alone. We've needed it for the overall drought and people are complaining but I just think ahead to late July and August when it will be so hot.



Steve's shooting tonight is cancelled because of the rain. It has stopped but I'm sure the range is pure mud. He's happy not to have it tonight.



I think I'm sticking to reading FALCONER'S JUDGEMENT by Ian Morson. This is 2nd of 9 in series featuring William Falconer, a 13th century university regent master in Oxford, England. Here is a description:





In Rome, Pope Alexander IV lies dying. From the East, an assassin is sent by a powerful royal family. In Wallingford Castle a young man is held prisoner, charged with a murder he did not commit...In the swirling mists of Oxford, Regent Master William Falconer, Aristotelian philosopher and amateur sleuth, searches for the whereabouts of his mentor, Roger Bacon. But a political intrigue is about to explode. The Papal Legate's brother-a master cook-is killed with an arrow during a student riot. While authorities crack down on the disorder and zealots warn of the Apocalypse, Falconer begins an investigation. Now the man of reason must enter a labyrinth or madness-where ambition, deceit, and murder are the order of the day.


It was published in 1995 and has 224 pages.



Tonight, I don't think I have anything to watch on TV unless we're able to pick up those episodes we missed. Tomorrow, I will leave work early to visit with family. Cross fingers all the dogs get along.



I don't know, otherwise, we're just plugging along.



Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: