Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm sure there's a very reasonable explanation....



Well, it's been several days since I've picked up the Elizabeth George book so I suppose I should concede that I'm not reading it. I think there is probably an excellent story there but it is bogged down by all the stuff that should have been edited out. I don't have the kind of time to slog through all the extras even though I've enjoyed the characters in the past. I just don't have the patience anymore.



Plus, I may be back on a nonfiction kick. I'm currently still reading SECRET WEAPON by Kevin Freeman and have AMERITOPIA by Mark Levin on board. In February, I have some must reads in fiction coming out. In the meantime, I think I feel I need to work on my knowledge regarding current events.



Speaking of, of course the mainstream media isn't saying a word about this one: three cases of Obama's eligibility to be on the 2012 ballot will be heard on January 26th in Georgia. And the judge has rejected the administration's request to quash Obama's need to testify or produce documents. One of the issue's at point is that for that position, the candidate must be the product of natural born citizens and it is indeed fact that Obama's father was from Kenya and not a citizen of the US. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.



Football playoffs today but I don't care for any of the teams so I will probably not partake. Tonight though is Downton Abbey and Sherlock, both of which are lovely.



Steve took the boys for a quick walk today - a short one because it is really windy out. Warmer in general but windy. He is now over at an uncle's helping get their wifi network set up. I've been applying for jobs. Fingers crossed and good vibes requested.



Gotta go change some laundry loads....



Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: