Thursday, January 5, 2012

Of course. Everyone knows this.


Eek, running out of time this evening. I've been caught up in reading blogs and news. If you're wondering what all the controversy is about regarding the appointment Obama made yesterday, I researched it, and here's what I've learned: He has the constitutional right to make recess appointments as President, yes. What is illegal about his appointment of the director to the new department is that the department was being created as an independent one apart from the Treasury Department (where it was) by a statute that dictates that the appointment of its director CANNOT be done during a recess and MUST be approved by the Senate or else it doesn't become an independent department and any regulations they create are suspect and extremely open for dispute, lawsuits. Sorry, Obama, you can't play dictator here.

So I read the WSJ last night and it took pretty much 90% of my time, with 10% for reading my histymyst book. It's already 8:30, I still have the paper to read. And I've only just started this week's Economist. I need more time. Sigh.


Glad tomorrow is Frida
It was a (probably record breaking) 64 degrees here in Montana in January. Balmy, nice, but oh so strange. Now it is incredibly windy again.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: