Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Imagine two big dogs doing that. Oy.


Cold. Freakin' cold. I don't think it cracked zero today. Weather.com says it's now negative 11 degrees out. We didn't go for the walk after work. The boys are disappointed, I can tell, but I'm not going out there again. And this snow storm isn't supposed to stop until Friday morning. Just ick.

I had a nice lunch with a friend from school who moved back here after living in Kalispell. Otherwise it was a typical day at work. Steve has shooting tonight; he left before I got here probably to start warming up the building out there. I was hoping that no one would show up and he could come home early but no such luck as of yet.

I didn't have a chance to read my book last night or today. Last night I only had time to read the WSJ. There's another book I want to read after this one: AMERITOPIA by Mark Levin. Here's a couple quotes from it:

“No society is guaranteed perpetual existence. But I have to believe that the American people are not ready for servitude, for if this is our destiny, and the destiny of our children, I cannot conceive that any people, now or in the future, will successfully resist it for long. I have to believe that this generation of Americans will not condemn future generations to centuries of misery and darkness.”

and

“The centralization and consolidation of power in a political class that insulates its agenda in entrenched experts and administrators, whose authority is also self-perpetuating is apparent all around us and growing more formidable. The issue is whether the ongoing transformation can be restrained and then reversed, or will it continue with increasing zeal, passing from soft tyranny to something more oppressive.”



Otherwise, we're just going to hunker down tonight. So, time to make some dinner and then read and cuddle with the dogs. :)

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: