Saturday, January 7, 2012

One of these things doesn't belong here, one of these things just isn't the same...


Well, I didn't get a whole lot done today but I did get the Microsoft Office installation issue resolved so that is now on my new computer for $25. Woot! Did the usual cleaning and that's about it. Posted some articles to Facebook. I tried to nap but the boys wanted in and out too much.

We'll have taco salad tonight (num! haven't since before we were sick) and Steve will watch Cops. I may watch the debate. The dynamic will be different with just six of them now and Santorum will finally get some more air time than in all the previous ones. I may say I will stay away from it because I've seen it all before but I probably won't. I'm a junkie and this is primary season for the GOP.


I still have much to read, the weekend's WSJ and this week's Economist. Next week's issue will be here Monday or Tuesday and it will start all over again. :) The news, it's always happening.
And I need to watch GBTV every weekday but that's a two-hour commitment. Oy.

You know it's strange. The things I've wanted to do, journalism, write, theatre, politics .... I'm more comfortable observing rather than participating. Reading/watching all the news sources and political goings-on, reading all the different books, etc. Yes, you can get inside info being involved but you can also get too narrow of a focus and miss other things and not be able to see and know of everything. Hmm. Life is strange.


Anyway, I'll see what I can get done tomorrow. BUT.... tomorrow evening is the beginning of Season 2 of my beloved Downton Abbey. I've been waiting and waiting! I'm so excited! It already showed in the UK so I kinda know some of the things that will happen but still...!!!
If you haven't watched the first season, do so. It's Upstairs Downstairs type of story in 1912 England. Fabulous production values and performances.

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: