Friday, November 23, 2012

All you need is a good book



I went in to work today. Very few were there; many opted to take the day off. My boss said to leave by noon, so I did. After that, I ran an errand for Steve and then stopped by Albertsons for some items. Then I walked the dogs. So not a bad day at that.

Tonight, I'm making hamburgers and onion rings. I don't know if anything is on TV for us. Steve may want to play his computer game and I could certainly read. But I also have a DVD for either tonight or tomorrow, the animated new release, Brave. Love that Scottish accent.

This weekend I don't have plans other than to avoid shopping areas or shopping for that matter. I would like to continue with my projects and maybe work on my office area.

I'm almost done with a nonfiction book, TOLSTOY AND THE PURPLE CHAIR: My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch. Here is a description:

Caught up in grief after the death of her sister, Nina Sankovitch decided to stop running and start reading. For once in her life she would put all other obligations on hold and devote herself to reading a book a day: one year of magical reading in which she found joy, healing, and wisdom. With grace and deep insight, Sankovitch weaves together poignant family memories with the unforgettable lives of the characters she reads about. She finds a lesson in each book, ultimately realizing the ability of a good story to console, inspire, and open our lives to new places and experiences.

It was published in June 2012 and has 256 pages. This is a book from the library.

Have a lovely evening ....

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: