Thursday, November 15, 2012

And so proud, too



Today was busy at work. I got my free turkey; it's joining last year's in the deep freeze. To be cooked in the near future. And we were figuring out who's taking what day off for the upcoming holidays. We're closed Thanksgiving; I'm not taking the day after at all. I've worked many Black Fridays and I refuse to become a part of it in any way. Christmas Eve is a Monday and at most we would work a half day but we can't call anybody (who does collection calls on Christmas Eve? Nobody.) so I'll be taking that day off. Christmas, of course, we're off. We're also off on News Year's Day but I'm not taking Monday New Year's Eve as time off. No need for that one either.

I got through the day by listening to my Who channel on Pandora. Good music. My taste in music generally runs toward classic rock, and in particular the sixties and seventies. The Beatles are no question the best of the best and there is no equal. So my faves:

The Beatles
The Who
Pink Floyd
David Bowie
Electric Light Orchestra
Boston
Little River Band
Rolling Stones
Simon and Garfunkel
Styx
Paul McCartney and Wings
Queen
Fleetwood Mac
Elton John
The Eagles
Steve Miller Band
Supertramp

Tapping a little into the eighties:
The Police
U2
Genesis

Yeah, I like classical or trance or ambient but not as fanatically.

Not much else going on at the moment. It's after 9pm so I'm going to read a little then turn out the light for tomorrow is Friday.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: