Friday, November 9, 2012

I am completely jealous



I took the day off today because of my b-day tomorrow. Probably a good thing. Last night coming home, during rush hour, the SUV died on one of the busiest streets. I was the 3rd car back at the stop light on Grand and 14th. Just died. Only ONE person stopped to help me push it off the street - a young man, about 20-ish, on a bicycle. Riding a bike because he appeared to be "special" in some way. The only one. I had called Steve immediately and he was on the way so I turned down the offer from a construction guy to tow it to the nearby parking lot after we got it onto 14th. When Steve got there, we did tow it to that parking lot behind Evergreen IGA then decided to tow it down to his shop where it would be closer to the mechanic's shop that could fix it and it could be behind a gated and locked fence. I've never driven/towed a vehicle before but the SUV wouldn't start and therefore steering it was extremely difficult; Steve said he had to be in it so I was in the lead. We made our way slowly through town: down 13th to Lewis, Lewis to 6th, 6th down to State and on over the shop going about 20 miles per hour, steady by sometimes jerks and me apologizing over the cell phone with which we kept in contact. When it was all over and Steve was driving us home .... I had a little hysterical 10 minutes. Crying, because of the situation, and my nerves, and grateful for my guardian angel on the bicycle. I was too caught up to ask his name but I am so grateful to him.

I finished the Nora Roberts book last night. I'm not sure what is next yet. Perhaps a Peter Tremayne or Stephanie Barron histmyst.

So, I walked the dogs, did the Saturday chores today, took a nap, and made some apple crisp and then relaxed for an hour and a half watching my favorite Jane Austen movie, Persuasion with Amanda Quick and Ciaran Hinds. I think tonight we may have taco salad for dinner.

It's been cold and we've had the occasional light snow. Just a slight layer on the ground but they're saying we could get more. It's supposed to be cold tomorrow, only a high of about 20. We had thought to go to lunch at Jakes tomorrow for my birthday but I told Steve to put a hold on any spending for this or any present until we know what the cost to repair the SUV will be. So we'll be playing it by ear. Steve is hoping it will only be the fuel pump.

The plan for now is to hunker down and stay warm.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: