Friday, November 30, 2012

Contentment personified, much needed



Uff da. Today at work was the day administration announced they were laying off everyone in the cashier and billing departments. NOTE: I'm in collections and the four of us are not affected. But we knew this was coming for a few months now. Their last day is January 31st. I've been through something like this a couple times now since 2008. It is difficult to see 30 some people you mostly care about face an uncertain future. But it is survivable. Been there done that.

So.

I finished KILLING KENNEDY last night. It was a "meh" at best. Absolutely nothing new, nothing worth taking the time to read because it has all been done before in other books. The ending is rushed. Nothing on motivation, who might have been behind it; nothing. But I was amused and disappointed/disgusted at one point: I didn't know that Kennedy had come to Billings in September before he was killed and the authors say of our area "...the majestic Rocky Mountains in the near distance." Obviously, they've never been to nor seen pictures of Billings. We're the beginning of the plains and most people ask where are the mountains.

And just in time to start something new, I picked up a hold at the library on the way home, Michael Connelly's newest, THE BLACK BOX. I'll do a write up tomorrow on it. It's now almost 10pm and I don't want to spend too much more time on the laptop. I also picked up dinner at Red Robin on the way home because I didn't feel like cooking. I had a nummy Cobb salad.

Tomorrow, I need to get some groceries because I REALLY wasn't in the mood to do that after today. Steve is going to work a bit. I do still have many projects I should tackle. I just need to choose one and stick with it.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: