Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fall!


Hey! Look at the date!






My favorite time of year. Absolutely.

Had a bit of .... self indulging worry-ment a couple days ago. Our service manager turned in notice on Monday, giving two weeks. First thoughts for the first couple hours was: Yay! We've been wanting that for a long time: a) he is actually combative with customers and b) this is the last of the staff that sees Steve as the owner's son and not the owner and c) I will be glad to not hear him swearing all day long from him. But then I realized his last day was October 2nd. My vacation -- long planned and on the calender since February -- starting October 7th would probably have to be cancelled because if I went Steve would be alone in the office with a brand spanking new receptionist and our sales guy of one year. I confirmed the date with our now out-going service manager -- who himself took three vacation times this year --  and mentioned my possible cancellation ... and he just shrugged, as if to say "it sucks to be you." Thanks.


But Steve said go. I was truthfully gobsmacked.  So I asked our retiring receptionist -- whose last day is the 30th -- if he could possibly come in those three days to help out. He said yes. Wow. At least it's an extra body to help with phones and incoming traffic and so forth. So my trip to Bouchercon in Raleigh is still on.


And I won't be out money from my reservations of hotel and airline for cancelling.

So, anyhoo.....

I made good progress in the JD Robb book. Maybe I'll finish it tonight. Nothing on TV for me I think.

Oh, did I mention I watched the Cinderella movie this weekend? It was all right but her dress is to die for:


I remembered I grew up with the (vinyl) record of the animated Cinderalla movie. I grew up singing Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo and Cinderelly and A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.



It came out in 1950?!? Holy cow. Well, I listened/watched it in the 70s.

Have a great first day of Fall

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: