Sunday, December 7, 2008

A day of television perhaps

Might be busy today so I'm posting early-ish.

I may go to the library when it opens at 1:00. They have two holds for me. I won't be reading them until I finish the Gregory but today may be a good day to go pick them up.

Football at 2:15. My team (Cowboys) against Steve's team (Steelers). I imagine the Steelers will win -- they have a slightly better record, my team is missing a key player today (Barber) and for peace in the house, etc., etc.

Then perhaps a couple shows on TNT. The Librarian fun adventure movie series has it's third one out, a new one, so maybe that and then at 8:00 is a new show called Leverage with Timothy Hutton that may be worth checking out. (side note -- I remember in 7th grade having a slight crush on Timothy Hutton when he was in Ordinary People. Of course my first love was Pierce Brosnan from Remington Steele and Manions of America where I first spotted him. Ah youth).

I'll have to walk Tug sometime this afternoon so may miss the first bit of the game. I wish the library opened a little earlier. Can't help that. Steve walked with us yesterday and it was quite nice. Tug loves having his daddy along.

I'm about halfway through the Gregory. Just lovely. Restoration England at its corrupted worst. :) Three deaths and many suspects. It may all hinge upon an incident of three years previous (1660) -- and in fact the prologue goes over that event so I'm sure it does.

I've got white clothes going in the laundry. Darks will be next. Can't vacuum because it's still in the shop. Steve is still sleeping -- I suspect he stayed up very late last night playing BioShock. I woke up I think at 1 and he was still going at it so I really don't know when he got to bed.

Nothing for me in the want ads today. A lot of job listings are for Helena. (sigh). I'm thinking maybe we should forego Christmas presents this year. I don't think we really need anything from each other. And a tree may be too much -- the money is better used for groceries. We'll see about that. Our first Christmas together (married) was tight financially and our big splurge was a tree. We don't believe in fake ones. They have to smell piney and drop needles.

So I'm not sure what to do about dinner. It would be fun to have snackage during the game but that may be too filling for a big dinner. Have to play that one by ear.

Off I go....

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: