Friday, December 19, 2008

Frozen Precipitation Commence

Looks like about an inch or so of snow fell since this morning. We're in for sub-zero temps again. And it's not even officially winter yet. Actually, Billings used to get a lot of snow when I was a kid but not so much anymore so I can't really complain. It is damned cold though.

I turned in my paper and posted my Adios and Feliz Navidad to the class. Hopefully, I am now done completely. (Crap! Now whenever I hear Feliz Navidad I want nachos -- Damn Taco Johns!)

I've got the next Veronica Mars DVD to watch (Season one episodes 5-9 I think) but I'm pretty close to finishing the Pat McIntosh histmyst so I may cosy on the chaise with that for the rest of the afternoon. It's been a little slower going on this book I think because of the language -- instead of just dabbles of "Scots" slang-ish stuff, it's pretty abundant).

I walked Tug a bit ago. Cold and having to slog through new snow in the field was not fun. He's napping now on his bed. He did some fence racing with the border collies, and Zeke, and the new chocolate lab so he got his exercise.

I went to the grocery store to check out pop prices but according to Steve (who I called to verify whether it would be a good buy or not while I was there) the prices just weren't low enough. I did pick up some lefse -- finally in stock -- and some hamburger and stuff that I didn't get yesterday at Walmart. I should have gotten some chicken but we will make do. I've decided for Christmas Eve dinner we'll have the steaks we got from the Johnsons and baked potatoes. I'm thinking of using the apples no one is eating and see if I have the ingredients to make apple crisp. I splurged for $3 and got an apples and cinnamon candle so now the upstairs smells very nice. Who needs to bake when you've got candles?

So, not much really to relate. Even though it will be cold tomorrow, it would be nice if Steve and I could do some present shopping for his parents. Tomorrow is traditionally the busiest shopping day of the year -- the Saturday before Christmas -- even bigger than Black Friday. Glad I'm not working it. Hee hee hee.

Hey, the sun broke out a little. A very little. Weak, but it's there. Won't be for long.

On the news front, looks like yesterday was day for celebrities going on to the great unknown. Majel Barrett, Joseph Bottoms, Deep Throat. It is sad that some are not so well-known that they don't get much news attention. Van Johnson died a couple weeks ago and nothing was said. He was not a great actor but a good one.

Also on the news front -- they've identified the remains as Caylee's. I hope they've got enough evidence to convict the mother. And Blagojavich says he isn't leaving office nicely so I hope they impeach his butt outta there very quickly. But when are people smart about political figures?

I'll bet President Bush has got a calendar somewhere marking down the days until he is free, free at last. I feel sorry for him. It is not a easy job; the job chews up the holder and spits him out at the end of 4 to 8 years. Not a job that I would want at all -- maybe in the early days but even then, you were forming an entire new government and a nation of people who just rebelled against their previous government and didn't really get that "United" thing yet about the states.

Ah, I'm just rambling all over the place today. I'm going to make a cup of something hot and finish my book. See ya tomorrow.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: