Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday notes

Another quick post because I have to work on my paper for the next couple hours. I want to finish this darn thing today but I don't know if I'll achieve that goal. I know I'm quite sick of it and will be glad when it is out of my life. Can you tell? Wouldn't it be great to turn it in early? WHY does it have to be 12 pages? I'm okay with 9 where I'm at right now. Ugh.

I watched the first couple episodes of Veronica Mars yesterday. Now I know why everyone who's seen it has raved about it. It is a good tv show. Sadly, it only had three seasons and I missed it in the first run. Ah well, that's what DVDs are for.

Watched the finale of Stylista last night. The right person won for once.

If I get things done soon enough I need to stop by the library to drop off books and get some groceries at Walmart and maybe a little Christmas shopping before walking Tug this afternoon.

It's supposed to get cold again. Yesterday it looked like it got up to about 26 degrees and felt practically balmy. Now, Saturday is supposed to have a high of negative eight again.

Didn't do much reading yesterday; time got away from me. More time this weekend I think.

Okay, gotta get working.

UPDATE 11:00 AM
Okay, I'm done with the paper. I had a bit of a scare for a few minutes. My computer had rebooted itself overnight -- apparently to deal with some automatic update that computers do from time to time -- and I couldn't find the newest version of the paper. Meaning I had lost about three pages of work from yesterday. I was near to freaking. But I found it saved under something else. Phew. I would have been unfit to be around if I had lost all of my work from the day before. So now it's done. I could turn it in today and be done completely, but I'm thinking I'll sit on it a day and reread it tomorrow or even later today for any brushups I might see with a clearer head.

Christmas is in a week. I wonder if I should get something special to have for Christmas Eve dinner? Steve is so difficult regarding gifts. (sigh) I can't afford anything major so he'll just have to suffer this year with something simple.

So I think now I may throw some warpaint on my face and some decent clothes on and run those errands.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: