Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hump day, I guess

Oops, almost forgot to do this again.

I'm taking Tug to the vet tomorrow. When I was playing with him this afternoon, I was rubbing his belly and all over and felt a lump under his right front leg. I had Steve feel it when he came home and we decided to get it checked out. I hope it's nothing.

Steve came home for lunch today. He was in a bad mood and low sugar so I'm glad he was able to stop by here and maybe I could help his mood a bit. He had to tow one of his trucks back to the shop yesterday because his guys said it was broken somehow. Turns out, it was only out of gas and they kinda knew it so he was a bit pissed.

Got my unemployment check today so took Tug along to the bank so he could get a cookie and I noticed the car was pretty low itself so I gassed it before taking Tug then for a walk. It was pretty nice out today, breezy but in the lower 50s. Cold is coming.......

We didn't watch Leverage last night. We switched between The First 48 on A&E and Rehab Party at the Hard Rock -- both reality shows. Steve then came upstairs to watch and I took a shower to warm up and then read in bed for a bit. It was nice to be cosy in bed and Tug wound up between our legs. Ah family.

The next MI-5 season 3 DVD arrived today so I've got that half watched. Tonight, otherwise, I got Ghost Hunters and Stylista to watch. Steve is shooting so I've treated myself to Stouffers lasagna. Yum!

While Steve was eating his dinner before heading to the shooting range, we had the tv on watching something called "Man vs. Food." This guy ate a 72 oz steak in 29 minutes. And in the next episode he tried to eat the "sasquatch" burger - a ginormous equivalent of 8 hamburgers, a two pound pound, a full tomato, a full onion, 7 leaves of lettuce, a glop of pickles. The contest is to eat it in 60 minutes at this restaurant. Apparently 13,000 have attempted it; only 4 have done it and this host guy couldn't do it. Yowza.

I haven't done any reading today yet. I don't really know how my days go by so quickly. I did a homework assignment that was due today. It's going to be one of those where I'll be the controversial one. This week's topic (the class is Governing and Boards of Nonprofit Organizations) is about cultural competence. The discussion questions were asking what the organizations we were working for (or know of) were doing to be culturally competent and what we personally were doing to be so. This issue just makes my blood boil. This is agenda pushing in businesses where it has no business being -- cultural competence, social justice, and political correctness -- all the same thing and interferes with the running of a business -- for-profit or nonprofit. So I was expressing my personal views on this knowing it will be a hot button for pretty much everyone else in the class. I got in major controversy in the Social Justice class because of not agreeing with the crowd. So we'll see what kind of responses I get, eh?

Looked at some job sites but nothing new for me there. Did some web surfing but haven't really even caught up on my emails. Where does my time go? Sheesh.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: