Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winter wonderland

I ran a couple errands today: dropped the vacuum off to be repaired, picked up a hold at the library, got some groceries to last a few days. It started snowing today and while it won't be massive amounts of snow according the forecast, I don't want to be going anywhere really for the next couple days.

Steve has his monthly board meeting at the gun club so dinner will be earlier and quick. I don't think there is anything really on tv tonight. I've liked Fringe but I've missed so many episodes that I need to either sit down and watch the show from the website or wait until its released on DVD.

Speaking of DVDs, I'm expecting in tomorrow's mail the disc I've been waiting for: the beginning of Season 3 of MI-5. The last show of season two ended in a major cliffhanger for my favorite character and I've been very patient for three days. Sadly, though the two episodes on this DVD coming are the last two episodes of my favorite character so it's a mixed blessing, eh. But it seems like a good way to spend a snowy mid-week day.

The book I picked up at the library was the newest from Monica Ferris's cosy series called THAI DIE. I started this afternoon but it is not hitting my mood. I may have to skim read it. It's seeming to have too much information about the knitting/stitching world and not a whole lot of story. I've stuck with this series for a long time, actually, far longer than I have with other cosy series as they don't really appeal to my interests anymore. This may be the last for me by this author.

Never fear, though, a Bookeemonster is never without a book when she's in the mood to read (I'm conveniently looking over the slump that I just got out of). I picked up about 10 other books at the library while I was there. I'm being very interested now in the Kate Sedley series so got the 2nd one in that -- the librarian had to pull it out of storage. And I got a Doherty (multi-named, mult-seried histmyst author), the last Sharan Newman I need to read, and a bit more of others. I got home and saw that ANOTHER hold was waiting but it will have to continue to wait. It's not a new one, just the next in series for me by Crombie so no rush.

I spoke Jody via email again today. Her interview seemed to be as vague as mine. She's needing bigger money than I would be asking; I don't think she'd get that much. Maybe they'll make a decision by the end of the week.

I haven't worked on my Project for a couple days now. I need to get going on that again. Plus I have some homework due tomorrow. I'll do that in the morning before the mail comes. And being Wednesday, I'll be checking out the want ads again.

In the meantime, it's cold out but cosy inside. Tug is sleeping waiting for Steve to come home. I'm going to go through my bag of books from the library.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: