Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Twas the day before Christmas

Thought I'd better get this up before I got too caught up in things and forgot about doing it.

A quiet day so far. I'm enjoying watching a DVD without pressure of getting anything else accomplished.

I got a call from Steve a bit ago; he's closed the shop for the day but is hanging out to see if any emergency calls come in.

I'll be walking Tug within about 45 minutes. Right now Tug's found a sunbeam and is napping in it. The weather is warmer, in the low 20s, but there's a wind blowing so it will be not as pleasant as it should.

Steve's parents did get out of town yesterday though they weren't sure they'd make it so they didn't tell anyone until they got past Miles City. They called from Mandan. I think they'll have a better Christmas visiting Steve's sister and her kids. Christmas should have grandparents with grandkids when they're little (even though Buford won't enjoy it).

I maybe expect Steve home around 2 or 3. He's getting SOS for dinner as requested. We'll probably watch the movie with dinner at 7. I've always grown up with the tradition of opening presents on Christmas Eve so we'll probably do that sometime later in the evening. Then, I suppose he'll play on his computer and I'll go upstairs and read a bit, which I really didn't do much of yesterday so not making much progress.

Maybe tomorrow I'll start working on my Top Ten and whatever Bottoms I have for 2008 in my reading. That will make for more interesting reading here. :) It's just quiet and not much going on today. Sorry no fireworks or much action. 'Twas the night before and all through the house not a thing was going on except relaxed contentment.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: