Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Suck it up

I HAVE A VACUUM THAT WORKS!!! Ah, it is just lovely to be able to see clean carpet again. And it didn't cost nearly as much as I thought it would... I mean really.

I think I'm about halfway through FACE OF A KILLER. The main character isn't really grabbing me though so I'm kinda drifting away from it. In fact I started another book, THE SANCTUARY SEEKER by Bernard Knight, the first in a histmyst series featuring Crowner John set in the 12th century. I'll finish the other but it may be a skim read to find out what happens.

I got groceries today; I splurged a little and got eggnog because I was in the mood for it, but it's a "light" version so not so bad. I got Steve some pistachios. I don't like to eat most nuts except peanuts because they tend to make me feel nauseated, I think I'm allergic to them or something, but Steve likes pistachios. I had to go to Albertsons for a quick stop afterward because Walmart doesn't carry the margerine that Steve likes, and I looked for lefse but they didn't have any. Hrmph. They did at one time but not now.

I may watch the next episode of Leverage tonight if I remember, otherwise I'll probably read. I'm making taco salad for dinner so Steve can have a nice big meal. He didn't especially like the soup I'd sent along (Chicken Corn Chowder) so I thought he should have something filling.

Tug and I had a good walk today. The wind was nasty cold though. I let him fence race with the border collies and the three chocolate labs so he should have gotten some exercise. He is so funny throwing himself onto snow banks -- usually quite fun for him -- but they're all frozen solid right now so it's like flinging onto an ice rink but he still flails around on it on his back and doing snow angels on his side. He looooooovves snow. Too bad it's pretty much gone away. It's supposed to be wicked cold this weekend so part of grocery shopping was to lay in some supplies.

Barb Wood called last night. I haven't spoken to her in a few months so it was good to hear from her. Part of why she called was to ask me to help Monday volunteering to deliver meals (for her it's her job). I felt bad to say no but it's just not my thing. Sara will help her; she's a good person and I'm not and I know it.

I was feeling down even before she called but that didn't help. It didn't strike until late afternoon and I was able to cuddle with Steve when he got home so it got better eventually. But I've got just get over it and move on every day. Not in a state for medication help, thank goodness. Mind over matter, etc., etc. Getting lost in a good or movie or keeping busy usually does the trick.

Onward and upward. I think I'll make a cup of coffee (I've got Irish Creme flavored creamer) and read a bit before Steve gets home.

Much love
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: