Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blissin' out on doing nothin'


Well, I'm always glad to start a new year with a good read ... kinda gets the ball rolling and sets the good karma for a new start for the year ahead in reads. And so far, the two books I've read on my Kindle have been really good so that makes me happy too.


I finished STILL LIFE by Louise Penny last night. I liked it a lot more than I even expected. (sigh) Another series to add to the rotation.


I saw a headline in my local newspaper (I read it online) about the first baby at one of our hospitals was an early one ... and I just KNEW it was my friend. Yup. They were expecting a boy around January 17th and he showed up as the first baby of the new year at that hospital. I'm so happy for her ... it's her first. Named him Carter John. The paper had a picture of the three of them and she looked fantastic for just having had a baby. http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/article_ac24fea6-f734-11de-8f3b-001cc4c002e0.html.


Nothing much planned for today. I have to do some laundry and vacuuming and I should go to the grocery store for a couple things. Other than that I think I'll read. Steve is going over to a buddy's house to update his (Steve's) computer and then tonight he's going to a monthly pc gaming night.


I'm going to look at my books for the next read. I do have a new Julie Hyzy coming on Tuesday ...


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: