Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Oh, it's just a harmless little *bunny*, isn't it?" [Monty Python & the Holy Grail]


My job at work is morphing. The priority now we're told is working the new task -- resolving issues on benefit requests -- and answering phones secondary. The new bunch in the Helena phone center are the primaries -- they've been up and running for about three weeks. I like doing the new stuff. It's problem solving, fact finding to get to a solution or near it.


We also had the ergonomic expert in today and all this week. I hijacked her attention after she helped a girl near me. It was helpful, I believe. My chair is better adjusted, my monitors were raised, my keyboard tray adjusted although that will soon be replaced by a better one so I can have the ergonomic keyboard, and I'll be getting a footrest. Woo hoo! Our supervisors are really pretty good about making our work environments ... workable ... but in a positive way. This is one of the nicest, friendliest places I've ever worked. Amazing.


I haven't made much progress in the book I'm reading but I took it to work with me and it's getting a lot of attention -- mostly its big size I think at first. Maybe I can read more tonight before heading to sleep.


So much Interneting to do and so little time ... but thanks for tuning in ...


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster


2 comments:

Alyce said...

It makes such a huge difference to have your workstation fit. How neat that you were able to have everything adjusted for you!

PK the Bookeemonster said...

You ain't kidding. Right afterward, I could tell right away with my chair -- she moved the seat outward a little somehow and tilted it up a bit. Even raising the monitors was something I don't think I would have even thought of let alone done myself. My keyboard tray and keyboard will change sometime soon -- the boxes are closer to my cubicle so it must mean something. :) I've had an ergonomic keyboard before and loved it. Isn't it amazing when your job cares about things like this. As this ergo-lady says, "she's there all week (don't forget to tip your servers" going to everybody (like 40 employees).