Saturday, January 16, 2010


I'm having a pretty good Saturday. I had an early morning hair cut appointment. I then realized my blue purse had seen better days and beyond so I went to the TJ Maxx to find a new one. (frustrating that one cannot find style and organization in one bag). I wanted a red one but got the less expensive but more organizational tan bag. I got home and walked Tug -- gorgeous morning out in the 50s. I had lunch -- I have been in a guacamole mood the past few days so opened the package I'd gotten. I've got laundry going but then Tug and I took a nap. I vacuumed and now I have a million emails to catch up on, mostly 4MA digests. Steve is a shooting tournament this afternoon. I'm meeting my long-time friends Teri and Stacy at 7pm for wine and chatting at CJs. What a good day!


And I don't have to be back to work until Tuesday! I need to drop off a baby gift for my friend Sara at her mom's house. Her mom actually lives nearby; Sara lives in Fromberg now. Oy.


On the more serious side, I need to pay some bills and finish cleaning. On Monday, I've decided that since I'll be home I could cook a turkey. It doesn't have to be just for Thanksgiving, right?


On Tuesday, I have a book coming to Barnes & Noble (not available on Kindle) that makes me very very happy. Alan Gordon's Jester series is brilliant: the medieval jesters are actually a guild very much like the CIA being involved in political matters of the various courts. A funny series, too. Well, the latest, THE PARISIAN PRODIGAL comes out on Tuesday and I have a gift card to use (thanks, Mom). In the meantime, I'm not really sure to what I'm being drawn. On the same day I have another book I'm interested in -- again not on the Kindle -- that I have a hold on at the library. The library hasn't been the greatest lately since they switched to a new computer system.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: