Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yeessss... after a hard day, a good soak just feels good...


My work space got closer to its ergonomic makeover. My keyboard tray was (finally) replaced and I've now got an ergonomic keyboard and another new mouse. I haven't been able to play with anything yet because ... I'm taking on a new task. Long story short, there's a type of state extended benefit that got triggered that requires special training to do -- filing claims in a different system and knowing all the rules/laws to this type of claim. Only 6 people, I think, in the Billings office are going to be able to file this type of claim. One woman just turned in notice so they asked me to step in. Woo hoo! So I started training this afternoon. The new claim kicks in February 7th, so basically a week to learn it. Fingers crossed that this helps me stay on longer than the temporary status I'm currently in when the time comes. Plus I love learning new things.




I started the new Alan Gordon last night ... good good good so far. I just wish I had more time to read but there it is then. After that I have a library book to read and then I think I'll get back to several of the histmyst series I was working on -- Jecks, Knight, Lake, Tremayne, Sedley, etc. I have the new Anna Dean coming in a week or so, too.


I feel so very fortunate these past couple months. Thanks for letting me share with ya'll.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster




No comments: