Monday, January 25, 2010

It's a Monday ... I shouldn't have to work this hard


So, it's Monday. Work was okay. We'll be learning more of the new task stuff tomorrow.


On TV we've got Chuck, American Pickers, and Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. I made my new hit, the sausage/potato casserole.


I picked up REBELS AND TRAITORS by Lindsey Davis from the library today. This is a standalone historical novel just recently published in the US -- it was published in the UK last year I believe. Here's a description:


Set against the terrible struggle of the English Civil War, thisis the story of how this turbulent era effected everyone, from rich to poor, and the hopes and dreams that carried them through years of deprivation, bloodshed and terror. When Gideon Jukes and Juliana Lovell, who are on opposites sides of the struggle, meet during one of the era’s most crucial events, their mutual attraction brings the comfort and companionship for which they both have yearned. But the flowering of radical thought collapses; its failure leads to endless plots and strange alliances. And shadows from the past threaten them individually and together in their hard-won peace.

It as 752 pages. Yeah. Wish it came on Kindle.


So ... a little tv and then I'll crack open the book to see if it strikes me as good.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: