Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm licking my way out


... and still it snows. It has not stopped. It is not supposed to stop until tomorrow night. No, I'm not going to run any errands this weekend. I'm not venturing out via car until I have to to get to work Monday. Walking Tug today: it isn't really too cold out, the wind is not nice, but there's just a lot of white stuff out there. Tug, of course, loves it. Our wonderful neighbor keeps plowing the road and our driveway. We love him.


It isn't fun to be cooped up inside when you're having a book slump. I'm sampling via Kindle some nonfiction books, the ones nominated for Edgar awards.


We watched Sparticus on Starz last night; this is a new series. I don't have a verdict yet. It is part Gladiator, part 300, part Rome, etc. Stylized in its graphic violence and sexual scenes. Some cinematography is beautiful. The acting, okay. I will at least check out the next episode next week.


Steve had to go help with a gun safety class this morning and will be back soon. I'm doing laundry and vacuuming, etc. I have several 4MA digests to read and will catch up on blogs and news, per usual. This evening I'm making SOS for Steve (yuck) and I'll have chili. Hunkering down.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: