Saturday, February 6, 2010

Damn snow birds


Somehow I spaced doing a blog yesterday ... how did that happen? I got home from work, walked Tug, and did all the usual things but how did I miss it? Perhaps there was a warp in the space-time continuum or something. We did watch the new episode of Sparticus on Showtime last night which doesn't come on HD until 8pm so I lost an hour there. And Steve got home late with dinner (chinese food) so we had a later overall start to the evening. And I played with Tug while waiting for Steve to come home because da puppy was looking all despondent because his daddy wasn't home yet. Okay, I concede the possibility.


Well, guess what? It's snowing again this morning. Embrace the snow, become one with snow, be friends with the snow... (sigh). I mean, come on. Yes, we need the moisture and it's good for the snow pack, etc., etc. But one just gets weary of it after a while. We're out of practice dealing with it here I guess. This is the norm, not the mild winters we had been having.


I should go in to work today and get some overtime in and there's ALWAYS tons of stuff to do but it's snowing now and Tug would look at me and say "But, but, but this is the weekend, this is time with ME. You're gone five days, I get two." And Steve is at the shooting range helping with another safety class so Tug would be alone like he has been all week. If Steve were home and able to walk him I might be more motivated. But the cool thing is, even though I probably won't go in to work today, I'm actually looking forward to the time when I can do that, I like my job, which is amazing. Am I brainwashed?


And I have a TON of 4MA digests to read ... back to January 26th. I've been putting it off and now I have two weeks' worth to slog through -- digests have 25 posts each. I can't let it go longer or else I'll just have to delete. So I need to stay here and get stuff done at home.


And I have laundry and vacuuming to do. And other cleaning that I'll avoid And I don't know what to made for dinner because Steve had for breakfast what I kinda had planned.


Oh, I finished THE WITCH HUNTER by Bernard Knight last night. Very good as usual. Next up, I have many many possiblities. I have a lot of histmyst series in book form I need to proceed with: Lake, Tremayne, Roe, March, Alexander, Jecks ... as well as procedurals: Crombie, Mcdermid, and so many others. And I have four on my Kindle to read: Louise Penny, a romance, and two new to me authors.


On DVD, I still haven't finished the NCIS first disc of season one watched. I should do that and send it back.


And news, I should get caught up on world happenings. Oy, it makes one just want to go back to bed. In fact, there probably is a nap in my future sometime this afternoon.


And the Superbowl is tomorrow. I'll also be watching the annual Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet channel. If you've never seen this, you must tune it; it is adorable. I don't think we're doing anything special for the Super Bowl, although I suppose I could get a pizza from Papa Murphy's -- I'm sure they'll be inundated with like-minded people. I don't have any special snackage here but I'm sure we'll find plenty otherwise. I am for the Saints though I don't have a true horse in this race. I will be mostly anticipating not just the commercials but mostly my beloved The Who at halftime (which Steve says -- since he's been to a Super Bowl in person -- the tv version is not a real representation of what is really going on at the halftime show but that can't be helped).


So have a great weekend, everyone. Thanks for stopping by and reading my much rambling post today. :)


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: