Monday, February 22, 2010

Phewey! Mondays!


Oh, just a kinda blechy day today. Glad work is over and it's nearly time for bed. Hunh. We're trying to have good coverage all day for calls on the new program and I got caught on a call at lunch and left 15 minutes late for my scheduled time (which happens) and I sent an email to those concerned regarding that but some people thought I was leaving 15 minutes early and there was as minor hullaballoo. Bah. Even a terrific work place has its politics at times.


Steve is helping lead a gun club orientation meeting tonight. We had Taco Johns for dinner (mmm, chili Frito burrito). I'm now catching up on emails and news.


I finished MEDICUS by Ruth Downie last night. I liked it I think. I'll be reading the next one in series in the next month or two. I just got the next in series for me of Deborah Crombie -- after reading that, I'll be completely caught up on that series and perhaps I can move on to another or concentrate more on the ones I'm in.


I'll have to run to the bookstore tomorrow and pick up the new JD Robb (woo hoo!), FANTASY IN DEATH. It would be nice to do it at lunch time (no crises this time please) but I'll have to play it by ear.


I watched the BAFTA awards last night on BBC America. It was sooo nice to see The Hurt Locker sweep the main awards (Best Film, Director, Sound, Editing, Screenplay, and one other) over Avatar (two measly visual awards). Story and acting wise, The Hurt Locker is a fantastic film. Avatar is epic but relies so much on the CGI that story and acting is lost. Next up, I believe, are the Academy Awards. The one thing I hate about any awards show is the thank yous. I usually switch channels until that part is over. :) I would be perfectly happy with an award show that simply announced the nominees, maybe a clip of each, announce the winner, then WHAM!, go on the next category.... ADD anyone?


Thanks for stopping by...


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: