Saturday, February 20, 2010

So, I've had too many cat photos in a row....


The usual Saturday: walk Tug, vacuum, laundry, got some groceries. Steve had a gun safety class to help with this morning. I kinda felt a little yucky today so I've laid down a couple times; better now.

Last night we went to Village Inn Pizza -- for nostalgia. It used to be the only pizza place back when I was a kid. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be. Well, I got it out of my system. :) We got home and watched Spartcus episode on Starz -- he actually won a gladiator game! Yeah, totally different for him; he's really sucked the past few eps. :)

I didn't go in to work today for some overtime because the network was going to be down until 1 for updates and that's if it went well, I'm supposing. Ah well. Maybe next weekend (don't want to go in on a Sunday).

We have a couple DVDs to watch maybe this weekend (The Hurt Locker and Law Abiding Citizen -- yeah, no chick flicks here). But I haven't done much reading, I should do that. Emails are piling up again, but I should read. I've gotten some books via paperbackswap that are good, of course I have tons of series reads, and the new Robb on Tuesday and another historical mystery that looks good on that day. Oy, I should have a picked a different hobby.

We're having taco salad tonight. Num. Tomorrow, I may try a recipe I found online: I went to lunch with a coworker this past week at this little hole-in-the-wall cafe and had tater tot casserole, if you can believe it, and it was good. I was shocked. So I've found a very very simple (5 ingredients) recipe for it online so what the heck. Maybe I can add it to the rotation if Steve likes it.


So on the (NEW) book reading horizon:


FANTASY IN DEATH by JD Robb

HERESY by SJ Parris (will probably get for the Kindle)

THE FIFTH SERVANT by Kenneth Wishnia (currently on my Kindle)


March:

THE DEAD TRAVEL FAST by Deanna Raybourn (yay!)

THE SHEEN ON THE SILK by Anne Perry


On my series reading front:

THE CREDITON KILLINGS by Michael Jecks

NECESSARY AS BLOOD by Deborah Crombie

SUFFER LITTLE CHILDREN by Peter Tremayne

MURDER IN GRUB STREET by Bruce Alexander

THE GREEN MILL MURDER by Kerry Greenwood

THE SEPTEMBER SOCIETY by Charles Finch

THE WICKED WINTER by Kate Sedley

THE CHATTER OF THE MAIDENS by Alys Clare

THE COMPLAINT OF THE DOVE by Hannah March

etc., etc., etc.


And that's not counting the new month of Bernard Knight, Louise Penny, and Deryn Lake... or any of the other series I want to continue or get going in ... or straight historical novels ... and so you see I must not waste time or I guess sleep anymore....

Thanks for stopping by ...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: