Friday, February 26, 2010

I iz happy iz Friday


The Federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation insurance program is set to expire tomorrow. Everyone anticipated that it would be extended just like many times previously. Congress left today without getting it done. Politics. This is going to cause a lot of problems in the unemployment arena. On one hand, I hate big government. On the other hand this country is in very bad shape in the area of the economy and jobs -- no, the solution is not more government. But my job sort of depends on there being these programs. So I'm torn. I did get approval from my supervisor to work the schedule I've planned in order to get the max of 10 hours of overtime each week without having to come in on weekends. It will be nice to have that much more wiggle room to pay the bills, get groceries, and the occasional book without guilt.


I had a great time having lunch with my friend Sara and meeting her baby boy Carter (3 months old). It was just terrific to chat with her and to see her doing so well.


I haven't had much opportunity to read but I'm hoping this weekend will let me finish the Robb. It will be nice to sleep in a little tomorrow.


I'm doing a quick check of emails and so forth before watching Spartacus in a few minutes. Then some reading, then lovely bed time.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: