Saturday, February 13, 2010

Some people really don't like this pseudo-holiday


I have been a bad bad girl today. I had a hair appointment this morning: color and trim. A bit more expensive than just a trim, I have learned. But I do like the result and shock and surprise so does Steve. But it gets worse. I went to the mall to get new tennis shoes and I needed work shoes because all of my old shoes are really quite bad. I got my usual Reebocks at a store. Went looking for work shoes. I have to wear flat shoes for I don't know how long because right now if I wear heels my ankle/leg swell (still from my cellulitis episode last summer). So I stopped in one store and it was busy and I didn't see much selection. So I went to another store. After good attention from the store clerk I settled on a pair of shoes which was really expensive enough. But then I mentioned I had gotten tennis shoes. She then brought out tennis shoes she said were the best ever, and they were very comfortable and were washable and had a 5-year replacement warranty. Skeptical, I tried them and unfortunately she was right. Sold. And they were expensive too. So I trudged back to the first store to return the other pair. So between these two places alone, I spent waaaaay too much money. But I needed shoes and these are a good investment and my hair, well, hair is such a personal identity thing, isn't it. Good thing I have overtime available to me at work. I'll be putting in some more. :)


Then I stopped by a grocery store for some bread and milk and such. Back home, I started some laundry, had a bite of lunch since it was 1:30 by then and took a quick nap and here we are.


So I need to some more weekend cleaning stuff. Steve already walked Tug (yay). And it's snowing out. Maybe I don't need to go out anymore this weekend other than the newspaper tomorrow. Maybe I can get some good reading time in.


Here' is a Valentine's day gift to you: Dominic West reading a selection from PRIDE AND PREJUDICE: http://www.cartenoire.co.uk/pride-and-prejudice. Nummy.
Happy Valentine's Day Eve!
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: