Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Going to have to give up sleep again...


My reading this month has been pitiful but I expect it to pick up in April. It has to. There's nine new releases I'm very interested in. Nine. Typically, the average is about two maybe three per month. NINE. In April alone.


A MURDEROUS PROCESSION - Arianna Franklin, April 1


4th of 4 in series featuring Adelia (Vesuvia Adelia Rachel Ortese Aguilar of Salerno), a “doctor for the dead” working for King Henry II in 12th century England



SHADOWS IN THE STREET - Susan Hill, April 1 (UK)


5th of 5 in series featuring Simon Serrailler, a police Chief Inspector in Lafferton, England



ONE WAS A SOLDIER - Julia Spencer-Fleming, April 13


7th 0f 7 in series featuring Clare Fergusson, a newly-ordained Episcopal priest, and Russ Van Alystyne, Chief of Police, in Millers Kill, New York



THE HERETIC'S WIFE - Brenda Rickman Vantrease, April 13


historical novel set during Tudor England, my favorite period



THIS BODY OF DEATH - Elizabeth George, April 20


16th of 16 in series featuring Thomas Lynley, a Scotland Yard inspector and eighth Earl of Asherton, Sergeant Barbara Havers, in London



THE GOD OF THE HIVE - Laurie R King, April 27


10th of 10 in series featuring Mary Russell, student and then wife of Sherlock Holmes (my one exception to not liking Sherlock Holmes) [blasemphy, I know]



SAVOR THE MOMENT - Nora Roberts, April 27


3rd in the Brides Quartet



SHOOT TO THRILL - P.J. Tracy, April 29


5th of 5 in series featuring Grace MacBride, founder of Monkeewrench, a game software company, in Minneapolis



REVENGER - Rory Clements, April 29 (UK)


2nd of 2 in series featuring John Shakespeare, elder brother of playwright William Shakespeare and investigator for Queen Elizabeth I, England 1580s-1590s



A plethora of good reading. A cornucopia of stories. My cup runneth over next month. However am I going to find time to read it all as quickly as I want to? Good thing I'm working overtime, eh? Forget about paying bills, I need to plan for April 2010 books. Isn't life grand?


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: