Monday, March 29, 2010

Mondays can be difficult


I'm currently reading THE CRUELEST MONTH by Louise Penny. This is 3rd of 5 in series featuring Armand Gamache, Chief Inspector of the Sûreté du Québec, in the village of Three Pines, in southern Quebec, Canada. Here is a description:


Chief Insp. Armand Gamache and his team investigate another bizarre crime in the tiny Québec village of Three Pines. As the townspeople gather in the abandoned and perhaps haunted Hadley house for a séance with a visiting psychic, Madeleine Favreau collapses, apparently dead of fright. No one has a harsh word to say about Madeleine, but Gamache knows there's more to the case than meets the eye. Complicating his inquiry are the repercussions of Gamache having accused his popular superior at the Sûreté du Québec of heinous crimes in a previous case. Fearing there might be a mole on his team, Gamache works not only to solve the murder but to clear his name.

It was published in 2007 and has 320 pages -- I'm reading it on the Kindle.


I left work mid-morning today. Last night I was hit with some kind of illness. I was better this morning but definitely not 100% and decided that I wasn't going to fight it anymore so went home and went to bed. Walked Tug for a short bit in the afternoon and then back to bed. I don't know what it is -- some kind of weird dizziness leading to some nausea and some headachy. Bah. A co-worker mentioned maybe it's an inner-ear infection or something affecting equilibrium. I dunno. I comes and goes in waves.


Well, I didn't miss work at all. There is still an ickiness going on with some co-workers; stupid office politics/high school cliques. I'm taking the high road and being professional and that's all I can do.


It was very nice during the day but now I think I storm front is moving in . Yippee! Though why can't this happen on weekends, hmmm?


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: