Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The story of a ....


So the morning before, we were awakened by a phone call at 3:30am. Private caller, no one there.


This morning I woke at 5am hearing Tug scurrying under the table (as much as an 140 pound dog can do so). I told him to lay down. He did but was up again. This goes on for about 20 minutes. In one of the silences of Tug holding still, I hear *little* scurry noises. I did not scream; I did "yip". Yes, we had a mouse. I turned on the light which woke up Steve and there was this furry thing running around under the table. I kinda felt a little sorry for it (I'm sure having a big dog chasing him was not fun and very scary) but there was an icky mouse in my house! I did not jump up on a chair but I do believe this type of responsibility falls under Steve's household jurisdiction. This was all carefully spelled out prior to marriage. So between Steve with a broom and Tug acting like a cat going after a meal ... well they finally got it out the french door but I think it died not long after. No sleeping after that.


Which was mostly okay because I'd gone to bed waaaaaay early. I've got a cold of some sort. Now I'm feeling a little sore throat. Bother.


Back to the mouse for a moment: I wonder how long it's been inside? Steve has been leaving Tug inside during the day so I picture mad chases through the house while we're gone at work and calm peacefulness and furniture back in place by the time we get home.


Good news today: I do have my new lenses for my glasses now. I zipped over to the optician's at lunch so now I can see again. I have a little adjusting to do because of the day in the old prescription.


Tonight I have America's Next Top Model to watch and Erik will come over to watch The Pacific so I have to stay up at least until 9pm (isn't that sad? But I think getting lots of sleep will help fight this cold thing). I hope to do a little reading. As much as I like Louise Penny, I'm kinda being drawn toward JOHN ADAMS by David McCullough. My two ultimate favorite time periods are the Tudor era and the American Revolution. Yes, I saw the mini-series which was very good but I'm sure there's many details that could not be conveyed.


Tomorrow ... the April book onslaught begins. Ariana Franklin's book is supposed to be released. B&N BETTER have it. I'll stop by either at lunch or after work. On Friday, I get to get a new cell phone. YAY!! I think a Blackberry is calling me.


Have a lovely evening.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: