Friday, March 5, 2010

Who needs a teddy?


$xx for a really bad meal

$xxx for chances to win cool gun-related prizes (but not winning anything)

5 hours at an NRA banquet with your husband ... priceless


Sorry for the missed post; yes, I did spend 5 hours at an NRA banquet last night. I consider it quality time with my husband; if I thought of it any other way I'd be depressed. I am very tired tonight and I will be sleeping in tomorrow as much as I can. BUT my 50 hour work week plan worked as long as I don't do late nights like that again during the week.


In a few minutes I'll be heading down to watch Spartacus on Starz. After that, probably bed. But I think I have settled on THE SEPTEMBER SOCIETY by Charles Finch as my current read. This is 2nd of 3 in series featuring Charles Lenox, a gentleman sleuth, in 1860s London. Here's a description:




In the small hours of the morning one fall day in 1866, a frantic widow visits detective Charles Lenox. Lady Annabelle’s problem is simple: her beloved son, George, has vanished from his room at Oxford. When Lenox visits his alma mater to investigate he discovers a series of bizarre clues, including a murdered cat and a card cryptically referring to “The September Society.” Then, just as Lenox realizes that the case may be deeper than it appears, a student dies, the victim of foul play. What could the September Society have to do with it? What specter, returned from the past, is haunting gentle Oxford? Lenox, with the support of his devoted friends in London’s upper crust, must race to discover the truth before it comes searching for him, and dangerously close to home.


It was published in 2008 and has 320 pages. I'm reading it on the Kindle. :)


Tomorrow, I have the usual household chores, but I also have a gabillion emails to read so I must make headway on those. I don't believe I'll be needing to go anywhere. Steve is attending a shooting class and I think will be gone most of the day. Tug and I will hang out around the task of walking in the almost-Spring day.


Sleep well, everyone. Sweet dreams. (at least don't have weird ones like I do lately)


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: