Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tug: Stop staring at that box and pay attention to me


I walked Tug this morning, wearing my parka, and got too warm. It's in the high 30s and has been raining off and on. I got groceries and switched to the lighter jacket. This is all deceptive. Tomorrow begins the freezing front coming in where the temps will be in the teens and lower. It's not spring by any means but I have some windows open to air out the stuffiness that's been trapped inside.

Otherwise today I'll be doing the regular cleaning and then working on the newsletter.

I'm getting close to finishing THE 7 by Beck and Ablow. Good solid words for people who may be lost in lives they're living. Beck overcame alcoholism and drug use and all the destruction associated with it to be a voice and influence in radio and tv and family man. By his own admission it wasn't easy but he tells his story and through this book Dr. Ablow gives some words of wisdom of how one may make a choice to make changes in his/her life for the better no matter their circumstance. I hope people overcome whatever politcal prejudices they may hold if they are in need of such words or know someone who does. This kind of story is about humans not political beings.


Steve is off doing his gun class. Tug is awake from one of his naps and wanting to play until he's scheduled for his next sleep period probably while I'm on the computer downstairs.


Nothing much on tv tonight so I don't know what we'll be doing. A DVD? Read?


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: