Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Well, at least it's not the cat and being lunch


One of my reading goals this year is to add a couple more series to the rotations. I know I know I have more than plenty already there. But I've been meaning to get to some authors that I have been neglecting for a long time, for instance, the Roman historical mysteries. In that line (though not Roman) the book I'm currently reading is GOODNIGHT SWEET PRINCE by David Dickinson. This is first of 10 in series featuring Lord Francis Powerscourt, an ex-Indian army intelligence officer and Irish peer, working as an investigator in the late Victorian period, in England. Here is a description:




It's 1892. Queen Victoria's debauched grandson is found murdered. The noble father and his stuffy retinue decide to cover up the crime while ferreting out the guilty party. While they busily disguise the killing as a natural death, they secretly commission renowned Irish detective Lord Powerscourt to probe the seedy demimonde where the late prince held his sybaritic revels.

It was published in 2001 and has 320 pages. This is a library book. I had tried this book previously and it didn't catch on with me but this may be it's time. I've gotten into it this time.


Nothing is on tv for me tonight and I've got the beginnings of a yucky cold so I'm going to read for a bit after dinner and then get as much rest as possible. I wish people who are sick would not come to work coughing up their lungs and infect the rest of us. That is exactly the reason why I'm sick now. It's all in my chest right now so I'll probably soak in the shower too. Doesn't that sound lovely?


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: