Saturday, December 10, 2011


About to start A PLAY OF HERESY by Margaret Frazer. This is 7th of 7 in series featuring Joliffe, member of a troupe of traveling players, and sometime spy in 15th century England. Here is a summary:
While performing in the theatrical and religious festival of Corpus Christi Day in Coventry, Joliffe is summoned by Bishop Beaufort to use his skills as a spy to uncover the mysteries of the town's elite. A merchant has gone missing, presumed dead-and members of Joliffe's company are implicated in the crime. To uncover the truth, Joliffe must unravel the devilish machinations of a secret sect of heretics bent on destroying the Church.
It was published this week and has 304 pages. Coffee with Tami was lovely. Afterward, we then looked around the bookstore, mostly at the puzzles and games and bargain stuff. She isn't a reader so she left before I did. I needed a deeper look at books. But I was a good girl: I only got a gift for an upcoming birthday from the bargain books. Though I have to confess, I initially wanted EVERYTHING.

After that I went to M&D's to pick up the Joliffe book and to rummage through the boxes of books I had there. I was looking for my Katherine Kurtz books but only found some, not all. Wound up taking a few boxes out of their house -- a lot of kid-hood books like the Hardy Boys, Old Mother West Wind, Anne of Green Gables, and the like. Dad is happy. I need to figure out where to put them because I don't have anymore room in bookcase nor room for more bookcases themselves.


Got home, showered again because I was all dusty from the rummaging and had some Progresso soup for lunch. I've got some laundry going but still need to vacuum. That may be next. Or a nap.

Steve is out working on a door project.
I missed the full moon this morning. I was so pleased with the boys not pawing at me I didn't get up until 10 after 7 though I had been awake for maybe a half hour. :)

Tonight, Cops is on TV and then maybe we'll watch another Homeland episode or start the Justified series. Playing it by ear.

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: