Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One small step for... okay, it's a big step....


So when did books get so freakin’ expensive? I bought two paperback trade-sized today, and even with my 10% B&N discount, I still paid over $25. They’ve always said that publishers get a small margin on the books they sell but really? With paperback trades going for $15 a piece? And they wonder that the bookstores are going out of business and people just aren’t buying books like they used to. No wonder a lot of the book addicts I know say they don’t buy books; they go to the library or used bookstores. I am simply shocked. I had to check my receipt to see if I was being scammed. And this is just pushing people to go digital with either Kindles or Nooks or whathaveyou. And I suppose one can get cheaper there but probably not by much.

Steve has a board meeting, I am reading news and blogs and then will read the Hill book.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: