Monday, December 19, 2011

No, I think I'll just go to bed


I'm currently reading RATCATCHER by James McGee. This is 1st of 5 in series featuring Bow Street Runner Matthew Hawkwood. Here is a description:
Hunting down highwaymen was not the usual preserve of a Bow Street Runner. As the most resourceful of this elite band of investigators, Matthew Hawkwood was surprised to be assigned the case - even if it did involve the murder and mutilation of a naval courier. From the squalor of St Giles Rookery, London's notorious den of theives and cutthroats, to the palatial homes of the aristocracy where knights of the realm conduct themselves in a manner unbecoming to their rank, Hawkwood relentlessly pursues his quarry. And as the case unfolds, and another body is discovered, the true agenda behind the robbery begins to emerge: the stolen naval dispatch pouch held details of a French plot that, if successful, will send the Royal Navy's entire fleet scurrying to port in terror, leaving Napoleon to rule the waves. With no way of knowing who can be trusted, Hawkwood must engage in a desperate race against time to prevent the successful execution of the Emperor's plot.
It was published in 2006 and has 416 pages. Weird day. The phone program was wonky and then down for a while on a Monday of all days. Then this afternoon I had some kind of weird allergic reaction to my left eye -- not the eyeball but like puffiness underneath. So I took a couple Benedryl and it's better but I'm tired/loopy.

I picked up Papa Murphy's calzones for dinner tonight because the Steelers are playing. I don't think I'll be awake for it all, ya think? A little headachy too but that's probably the Benedryl.
I'm going to read a little news before dinner so I'm going to wrap it up now.

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: