Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa is vexed. Terribly vexed.


Oy. Men just irritate me. I had a DVD as part of a gift for Steve -- Cowboys & Aliens -- but I let him watch it this past weekend. So I had to come up with Plan B to fill in the gap in the gift package. I scoured the PC games on Amazon and found something I think he might like and I don't think he had but I wanted to be sure. So I (stupidly in retrospect) called a gaming friend of his, Jason. Jason hosts the gaming nights that Steve sometimes participates in and is the computer guy who upgraded Steve's computer. Jason wasn't in his shop so I left a message with his employee Paul to call me on my cell phone and left the phone number and my name. I suppose you can see where this went. Jason gets the message but FREAKIN' CALLS STEVE and asks him so you're interested in Blah Blah game, eh? Steve said no. Jason said well I got a message here and to call . The light dawns for Steve and says man, you're in trouble that's my wife's phone is her name there? Just these two letters a P space K at the top of the note. Steve says I think that was a Christmas present. Jason starts to say I gotta go. By this time I've come home from walking the dogs and Steve says here you want to talk to her? I knew immediately who it was and what happened and I was so FLIPPING MAD!!!!! I have never really made a shit list before but I have one now and Jason is on it. So I cancelled the order because I had gone ahead and gotten the game anyway without hearing from Mr. Doughhead previously. So I had to come up with Plan C. I think I have finally hit upon something about five minutes ago and it is cheaper even with shipping by Friday; it won't fit nicely into one box like I had planned but it will work and he'll love it. He'd better love it. I HATE IDIOT MEN!!

At work I helped my male co-worker figure out what to get his wife for Christmas. Sounds like she's a real peach ... the guy was terrified to get something she might not like. We may have come up with some gift from Scentsy, at least a gift card at this late date.


Why are people so difficult? I'm the easiest. A gift card for books at Amazon or B&N and I'm in absolute heaven.


I wish it were Friday already. (sigh) We're supposed to get snow starting tonight, possibly six inches. Not. In. The. Mood.


Anyhoo, I'm going to finish up here and read for a little and head for bed.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: