Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday


I've been out of commission since yesterday morning. Steve's mom was ill on Christmas when we went there for dinner. Apparently, she had the flu and not food poisoning because she was Typhoid Mary. I woke up yesterday at 5 with the stomach flu and have missed two days of work. I'm better this evening. Steve said he was feeling unwell yesterday but didn't get it as badly as I did and apparently Steve's sister and her daughter were ill yesterday too. I have no words for how angry I am. Ya know what? You're sick like that -- and she looked gawd-awful -- you tell people to stay away.

I'm still a little grumbly but definitely able to have some food now for the first time. And I don't foresee missing another day of work.

I read LORD JOHN AND THE PRIVATE MATTER by Diana Gabaldon. It is 1st of 4 in series featuring Lord John Grey, a soldier and gentleman, in mid-18th century London (a spin-off series from her OUTLANDER). I enjoyed it a lot, actually. I'm just about to finish ACCEPTABLE LOSSES by Anne Perry. This is 16th of 16 series featuring William Monk, an amnesiac police inspector, later a private detective, in Victorian London.


All right, off you go.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: