Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And we're at the beginning again



Happy New Year .... 2013

Last night, Steve and I cuddled on the couch and watched random TV most of the evening and snacked on crackers and cheese and eggrolls. I did go to bed prior to midnight and I zonked. I didn't even wake up with the fireworks at 12:00 (there were fireworks thoughout the evening though which had the dogs on edge).

This morning, I let the dogs run at 7:30 and then I watched the Rose Parade. That is the best parade -- I'm sorry, Macy's big floaty things don't do it for me. HOWEVER, they included gimmicks this year that had no place: a soldier reunited with his wife and little son (the wife didn't show much emotion), a Disney chick promoting her new album by singing her song on a float,  and then a real wedding on a float (they won a contest). Nice moments: the heart float celebrating organ donors and the stealth flying over the Dept of Defense float of the Korean War Memorial float.

I finished the Lovesey book yesterday so the total completed books for 2012 is 73. I have a couple of options to read next: I started a new historical mystery by Phil Rickman but I also just got notified of a digital loan available so that may have to jump the queue. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Back to work tomorrow but it's another short week so I have to consider it to be not too bad. I have to say the four-day weekend has been really pretty good.

I'm not sure what to have for dinner. I had sort of planned on doing the ham but that sounds like too much. Something simpler sounds better but what that is, I don't know.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster 


No comments: