Thursday, January 17, 2013

But don't spread it around ... I really mean don't, I like it fluffed up



I'm currently reading ANGEL OF DEATH by P C Doherty. This is 4th of 17 in series featuring Hugh Corbett, a spy for King Edward I in England. Here is a description:

In 1298, Edward I of England invaded Scotland and brutally sacked the town of Berwick, razing to the ground the Red House of the Flemings who had permission to trade there. He little knew his action would have far-reaching repercussions. A year later, Edward convokes a great assembly of the realm in St Paul's Cathedral. They are to hear Mass after which the main celebrant, Walter de Montfort, has been delegated to lecture the King on not taxing the Church. During the Mass, de Montfort dies a sudden and violent death. Hugh Corbett, the King's clerk, is given the task of solving the mystery and tracking down the murderer. Against the background of Edward's struggle to maintain himself, both at home and abroad, Corbett's investigations become tortuous and laced with danger...

It was published in 1989 and has 159 pages.  From the library.

I enjoyed the evening last night with Erik. We watched The Hunger Games ... I'm ALWAYS up to watch that. I wish I could get him to read the books. :)

Tonight I'm just going to read (this is a short, quick book) and go to bed. Sounds lovely to me.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: