Monday, January 28, 2013

There are days like this, oh yes. Indeed.

Revenge is Beneath Me...

I'm currently reading THE HAUNTED ABBOT by Peter Tremayne. This is 12th of 23 in series featuring Sister Fidelma, a 7th century Celtic sister and legal advocate in Kildare, Ireland. Here is a description:

Fidelma of Cashel and her beloved companion Brother Eadulf have one final journey to make before returning to Ireland. Invited to Aldred's Abbey, where Eadulf's childhood friend Brother Botulf is steward, they arrive at midnight on the old pagan festival of Yule to find Botulf dead-his head caved in by a blunt instrument. As Fidelma and Eadulf soon learn, murder isn't the only danger facing those in the abbey. The ghost of a young woman haunts the cloister shadows, a ghost closely resembling the Abbot's dead wife. It will require all of Fidelma's skill as an advocate of the Brehon Courts to uncover the truth-before the abbey's secrets take yet another life.

It was published in 2002 and has 336 pages.

Oh lord last night did I sob my eyes out watching Downton Abbey. You know when it the back of your throat just HURTS because you're trying to control weeping out loud? Yeah. And then Steve made fun of me. Men suck.... At the complete opposite of the spectrum tonight I'll watch the very dark The Following.

I got groceries after work and picked up sandwiches from Quiznos due to lack of time to cook anything. After the TV show tonight I'll read a little but head for sleep fairly quickly I imagine.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

 

No comments: