Wednesday, February 4, 2009

26 things about me

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Publisher's Marketplace found at http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/. Wanna know about what's happening in the book world? This is your source.

I've been tagged on a meme (sigh). I don't usually like these but I can't think of anything else to write today because nothing of note is going on.

26 Things About Me

  1. My name is PK which started when I was 19; it caught on and fit me better. I only use Patricia for legal purposes.
  2. I chose the name Bookeemonster from being on the yahoo group 4MA. This name also suits me. Yes, it's a play on CookieMonster, same devouring principle applies.
  3. Steve and I have been married for 11 years. I knew we were going to get married before our first date. He doesn't believe me.
  4. I believe I can't die until I've read everything in my personal TBR collection. I own hundreds of books to be read therefore I'm going to be around for a very long time.
  5. I always wanted my own dog. I got Tug at the Animal Shelter and cried with happiness afterward.
  6. I've got two master's degrees though right now they're not helping.
  7. I wanted to play the drums very badly but when I joined band in 4th grade they put me on bells all the time because I was the only girl. It was the 1970s and gender bias ruled. So I quit and my drumming career was thwarted.
  8. My goal in life is to make enough money in which to pay my bills and buy books without guilt.
  9. I get told a lot that I look good in red.
  10. The older I'm getting the more my hair wants to curl. Right now my hair is shoulder length and I stick it in a ponytail to keep it out of my face.
  11. My favorite time of year is Fall.
  12. When I started college I wanted to be a journalist because of All the Presidents Men. Then I found out it was all pretty much bad news.
  13. My favorite pieces of classical music are Moonlight Sonata and Rhapsody in Blue.
  14. I would like to learn to knit.
  15. I've always loved anything Irish/Ireland.
  16. I absolutely with a passion hate mayonaise or anything like it. Makes me gag.
  17. I first started on the Internet back when it was only text because I wanted to talk to people on rec.arts.muppets.
  18. I like to play Bejeweled 2 to kill time.
  19. I don't consider pool or poker to be sports even though they are on ESPN.
  20. I like to take naps.
  21. I subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, The Weekly Standard, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, three mystery book journals, but I don't have time to read them all.
  22. I believe in capitalism.
  23. I like the sound of water moving - streams, waterfalls, waves, etc.
  24. I wish I had a brain for languages.
  25. My birthstone is a topaz. I prefer emeralds.
  26. I would like to win a home makeover contest so someone else would have to do all the work and pay for it.

Have a good day, all.........

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Thanks PK I got to know you a bit better even though for you it may have seemed onerous to get this listing of 26 things. I understand, I do not join any groups or clubs or cliques on FB because they want personal information. How invasive will all this get to be and will it backfire on us one day?

PK the Bookeemonster said...

You found out I'm quirky? Cool! It did take a while to think of 26things -- I took a break and walked Tug for an hour in between starting and finishing. For a while afterward, all my thinking was in declarative sentences of me me me! :)

I'm glad you visit and actually commented!! That's the bestest thing ever!