Thursday, February 12, 2009

We're so tired...

All right, getting this done early so I can move on to other projects. :)



Our household is very tired today. Kona (neighbor-kitty-corner behind-us's chocolate lab) was at the back door from 2 am onward. We're trying to not encourage him to make our place his bus ride home after he's been out carousing so instead of getting up at 2 and taking him home (like I probably should have), we attempted to ignore him but never got back to sleep for four hours, listening to him whining. It's funny that even Tug walks away and tries to sleep. This has been going on for a few weeks now and I've told the neighbors about this and they said they'd have to tie him up again (I HATE that). Just get a freakin' better fence, people. For a couple days this week, I had put up a board across our stairway on the deck in back and that seemed to at least not let us hear him and perhaps discourage him but I hadn't done it the last two nights thinking (wishing) that it had done the trick. It will have to go up again. This is just crazy. If I were those neighbors, I'd be mortified.



I finished THE BOOK OF UNHOLY MISCHIEF by Elle Newmark last night. I loved it; it will be on my top ten books list with no question or hesitation; but it will not be a book for everyone. I love the idea that chefs were the Guardians of knowledge through the dark years of the first millenia and a half. Brilliant.



Survivor starts up again tonight on tv. This is one reality show that Steve and I watch together; we've watched them from the beginning. So Thursdays are committed again for several weeks.



Today's Blog/Website of the Day continues Valentine's Day theme with cupcakes. Yes, someone devotes their online efforts to cupcakes which can be found at http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/. Actually, there is more than one blog devoted to the little cake but this one looked interesting.



Okay, I've got to get working on my project. No current events today -- it's all the same bad news and con artists. The only good news is the koala drinking water after the fires. I love this picture:



There's most definitely a nap in my future so I'd better get rollin'.

Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: