Thursday, February 5, 2009

Movies and Dreams

Well, I'm not going to Frost/Nixon tonight; it got postponed to Saturday afternoon. Ah well, it's a thing to be enjoyed and not endured and Jody just wasn't up to it tonight. She's afraid since she hasn't been sleeping well this week, she'll fall asleep during the movie. Not a big deal; we'll do the matinee. And if she starts to snore during that, I'll give her a jab in the ribs with my elbow. Actually now that I'm reminded of it, she and I and a couple others from the museum went to see Horton Hears a Who last year and we heard someone snoring behind us. How you can sleep in a kid's movie full of kids, I dunno, musta been really tired. And the movie? I'm not a fan of Jim Carrey and he overdid it as usual at times, but it was okay.

Ran some errands today: got groceries at Walmart (apparently 9:30 on a Thursday morning is the BEST time to go -- check out people just standing around!), and I stopped by the library. Tug and I had a pleasant walk in the neighborhood until he decided to not come back on leash and chased an RC car. He loves to chase RC cars and four-wheelers which he thinks are BIG RC cars.

Current events: Supreme Court Judge Ginsberg was hospitalized today. Obama may get his chance sooner rather than later on that one, dammit. And he is setting limitations on pays in companies that get bailouts. A prehistoric ginormous snake was found. Ewwww... but I'm not surprised.

I've been having weird dreams lately. It seems weird dreams are my norm but these are standouts. Here's one: it seems like this was a news story that I was watching on tv during the dream. A family got a puppy but when it grew up it apparently was really a goat. What does THAT even mean? (I won a "weird dream" contest with Steve on that one -- ha!) Another one: it was winter and the car I wanted to drive was in a driveway that was blocked by an orange VW bug. I decided to move the orange bug by backing it out onto the street but the brakes weren't working so it bumped into the car behind me and kept going faster downhill. Apparently I was in San Francisco or on Mt Everest because the street was all downhill and I was going backwards trying to stop pumping the brakes but couldn't stop. I was going to cross a very busy cross street and I was clenching my eyes closed because I was going to be in a serious accident but somehow kept going backwards downhill on this street so I tried to stop this momentum by starting the car and driving uphill but I don't drive a stick and then I woke up. What does THAT mean? A long time ago I dreamed that I was pregnant by The Joker (as done by Jack Nicholson). I don't even LIKE Jack Nicholson (nor have I been pregnant) but I woke up with my hand on my stomach. Ick. I've never had flying dreams but I have frequent tornado dreams though I've never seen one personally. I have a lot of school dreams. My brain is doing some wacky things when I'm unconscious, I tell ya.

Today's Blog/Website of the Day: Want to know what happened today in history? Check out Brainy History at http://www.brainyhistory.com/.

So maybe I'll read tonight -- one can always hope. This is supposed to be mostly about reading but I'm not keeping up on it very much lately. Sheesh, what a slacker I am! Still enjoying DARKER DOMAIN by Val McDermid and it's good; I love cold case crime fiction. I have typically been reading right before bed but I either get sleepy (dreams calling!) or Steve wants to talk and talk when he gets home from board meeting or shooting. He's the Anti-reader! He's always been Steve-the-Nonreader here but now he's actively stopping reading in others. I must defeat him!

Do you SEE why I have weird dreams? It's just me. (sigh)

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: